Hosting an Exchange Student
Hosting one of our amazing young women in your home can be a truly inspiring and life-changing experience for both yourself, your children and our young women.
We truly cannot run our one-of-a-kind program without families like yours.
Young women are aged between 15 and 18 and have been carefully selected for our program based on their leadership skills, maturity and desire to make a difference in their communities back home.
The following are some important pieces of information to help you decide about becoming a part of our change-making Global Girl team.
- The exchange runs for eight weeks, with a planned start date in January.
- The girls attend school at Star Prep Academy (1518 S. Robertson Blvd, LA) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- The girls attend Community Development workshops on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- The evenings and weekends are yours to do things together as a family. Although you do not need to keep your scholar occupied all of the time and can really do what you would normally do as a family.
- There are a couple of weekends where we have activities planned for the girls, including a camping trip.
- Your scholar will need to have her own bed, and can share a room with your daughter, but will need a separate room if you have a son.
- If needed, we provide the host family a stipend to help cover the cost of gas and food.
- If the host family is able to provide all or some of the transportation to school that is very helpful.
- If you are unable to provide transportation to school we will work with volunteers, Uber, and public transit to accommodate their travel, and therefore, the stipend will go towards these expenses.
- As we are a very small organization you will receive a lot of direct support and communication from myself, as the Founding Director.
- Most importantly, you will become a part of helping us change our world, one girl at a time!!